Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Thoughts tres

Not ready to start working yet.

So I’ve started to go back and read my high school reading list books again. Just finished Frankenstein. It was so friggin hard to read. No wonder I only read the Cliffnotes in HS. I’m reading a Chuck Palahnuik book, but after that it’s Catcher in the Rye.

There was a good quote in my book. This guy is a recovering sexaholic. He tells his friend, “ I can’t wait for the day when I stop living my life praising myself for not doing wrong things and start living my life doing right things.”

I will eat just about anything with ranch on it.

Is it really possible to catch something from a toilet seat?

There was this guy at the bar the other night wearing 2 polo shirts. Now I’m no fashion expert, but seriously. 2 polo shirts collar over collar? What, what are you doing? Get out of my bar!

We got kicked out a bar last year for making fun of this guy’s frosty tips. He tattled to the bouncer. Something happens when you get a group of guys together with alcohol. Not sure if it’s the pissing contest aspect, the sexual frustration aspect, or what…I’m really a nice guy under most circumstances. Really.

Sometimes people ask me if I’m good with computers. I, of course, say yes because I know Word and Excel. Stupid me. They proceed to ask the most obscure questions that only a computer professor from MIT would be able to answer.

Is it bad that I still carry around a bottle opener on my keychain? I know it was ok in college, but why do I still have it?

It’s 13 steps from my office to the bathroom. It’s 16 steps from office to Josh’s. It’s 37 steps up the escalator on BART. But I don’t have OCD. Def-definitely not OCD.

Saw this on craigslist the other day. I liked it and thought I would share:

“I am the BART Surfer. I ride the steely trains with the greatest of ease. You see me. You want me. I am the guy who stands in the Isle and holds on to nothing... riding the train through all the twists and turns and dips and bumps, never reaching for the grip. I am the master of BART CHI. I put on the casual expression of nonchalance... but underneath my stoicism is elated rapture. Knowing that I rock. You cannot topple me. I am the BART Surfer.”

So I see today that Wes Borland is returning to Limp Bizkit. That means that shitty band will return to shittty radio sense he was the ONLY cool thing about Limp Bizkit. I was reading an article about his return. Fred Durst is talking about the guy they kicked out to let Wes back in, quoted as saying, “"[Mike Smith] wasn't where we needed him to be mentally." Mentally? What does that mean? Slightly above 2nd grade reading level? 1995?

I like the name Jonas. I’m bound by the Dinkins family law that every first son of a first son has to named James. Maybe the second kid will be Jonas, unless it’s a girl. Don’t really want girls. Too high maintenance. Not even sure I want kids at all so why are we having this conversation?

In the news. “Britney’s fiancé, a backup dancer by trade, will star in the pop tart's new clip--a cover of Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative." -- Dear God please kill me now!

Why does my right ear collect more wax than my left?

I belive that Elvis Costello would not be nearly as popular without the glasses.

I hate “that time of the month”. All of a sudden I’m dealing with a completely illogical woman who is so convinced she’s right, I begin to question myself. And as a male, I think that’s what’s so amazingly powerful about menstruation – it actually makes ME feel crazy too! I hate that!

Not a big tapas fan. I hate any meal where I leave more hungry than when I came in. That’s not a meal, that’s called exercise.

All time stands still in the bathroom. Think about it. You have no idea how long you’ve been in there. But when you come out and your roommate/wife/whoever is waiting there, they always says either “Wow, you went and came back that fast?” or the ever-popular “What, did you fall in?” Just once I’d like to come out of the bathroom and have Monica say, “Wow, that took exactly the amount time I thought it would.”

Mac people are so weird and so stubborn. If you’re PC user, they’ll defend Macs to death, even if their arguments make no sense. Don’t believe me? ask a Mac user why their mouse has no right click button. You’ll probably get some convoluted explanation that ends with, “Well, um, well, it’s just better, OK, so shut up!”

I love when you offer someone a sip of soda and they lift up the lid slightly and drink out of the cup instead of through the straw. What, you don’t think germs can swim?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home