Monday, February 28, 2005

Observations of Late

Started watching The Sopranos again. I’m in the middle of the fourth season right now so don’t tell me what happens at the end, bitches. That show makes me feel good about my own life. I guess that’s what most TV shows are supposed to do. Keep us content, happy with our middle class mediocre lives until we realize we’re going to die soon and we’ve done nothing.

Why do British people split up the word percent (per cent), weekend (week-end)? Don’t get me started on that whole extra U crap (colour).

Went to the Castro on Sunday with Monica. She met this guy for a job interview while I waited across the street at the Baghdad Café, reading. It’s such a strange, unexplainable feeling being in that environment. I’m totally comfortable with gay people. Just being around all those men, and the feeling that something’s a little off. Something in this universe is a little different. Maybe it’s that it’s all men – not even lesbians to speak of.

Why do I want a new tv? The one we have works perfectly fine, but I want a bigger, flat screen (like 32" or 36") with HD. And I know that won't satisfy my wants. I'll then want a bigger better stereo system, HD receiver, digital cable. Where does it end? I don't even watch that much tv. What's wrong with me? Why do I need to see Grissom’s nose hairs up close and personal?

Absolut Vodka ads totally lost me about 5 years ago.

How do the castaways on Gilligan’s Island know they’re on an island? Did they walk ALL THE WAY around the whole island? How do they know it’s not just a big peninsula? They landed there in a storm so it’s not like they could see it from out at sea. Chew on that for a while.

Had jury duty last week, got picked to sit on a jury and everything, first time. Assault with a deadly weapon. And by "deadly weapon" I mean "spatula". I can’t wait for the day when I am old enough to go whacking people in the head a spatula and I beat the wrap just because I’m old.

When you’re as sick as I was Saturday morning, throwing up 15 times in a half hour, all you can think about is how you’ll never drink again, the feeling in your stomach and that taste in your mouth and on your teeth. The only way out is the sweet release of death, which thought only occurs ever 2 or 3 times an hour. I love drinking!

So I hear there’s a third Manning brother that doesn’t play football. Can’t imagine the hell that kid goes through at Thanksgiving:
"Hey dad can you pass the mashed potatoes?"
"What, like you brothers passed their way into the record books?"
"Yeah dad, like that. Thanks. Shoot me."

2 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

Well, the Skipper knew an approximate location from his charts before the storm... they were in the middle of the freaking Pacific, so it would have to have been the long undiscovered land bridge between Hawaii and Japan... and in the rarely seen pilot episode, they do scout around the the island to discover it is indeed such.

4:27 PM  
Blogger superjay said...

your mom's a long undiscovered land bridge. rarely seen pilot episode, my ass!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home