Friday, August 19, 2005

You Know I'm Right

-There are some colors in this world not meant for grown men. Pink and purple are two of them. I'm secure in my manhood enough to wear it, and so are you if you're wearing it, but you don't have to prove it to me. It's ugly. Pink and purple shirts make every guy look ridiculous. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say all pastels are no good. Of course your wife likes that shirt, she's a GIRL. Stop letting your wife dress you like one.

-It's amazing how a song can take you back in time. We were driving home from Ikea couple nights ago and that "Hey Ya" song came on the radio (Dallas radio really sucks - about 2 to 10 years behind, between "We were merely freshman" and "Closing Time" sometimes I wish I drove one of those big trucks equipped with a shot gun rack and shot gun so I could blow out my radio on demand). Forgot where I was going with that...oh right, but I was instantly thrown back to installing tile floors and starting my second season on Ski Bus and that's all I could think about, almost made me miss my exit.

-Someone asked me the other night at the bar if I have a favorite song lyric. I became intrigued by this question, so intrigued that I pretty much ignored the chick that asked the question for the rest of the evening. I became obsessed with the question, running thousands of songs through my mental library. Poor girl, all she was trying to do is make meaningless small talk. Well she picked the wrong guy for that. As I've said before, good thing I'm married or I'd never get laid. What was I talking about? Oh right. Favorite lyric. So I've given it a lot of thought. The best I can think of, out of the thousands of lines I know is "Disarm you with a smile." It says so much in just those 5 words. I think I'm going to come up with a list. There are so many others that deserve recognition.

-I went waterskiing (wakeboarding actually) last weekend both Saturday and Sunday. Surprisingly, I don't want to buy a boat. I had a great time, most fun I've had in a while, but yet nothing. I was a little afraid on Friday going into this weekend that I would want to buy a boat and obsess over it until I got one, but no. I think I'm intimidated by the maintenance, housing, and time dedicated to a boat. I already have a pool to maintain. A boat's all I need to completely shut down my weekend.

-It's amazing how fast life can change. One minute I'm skiing in Tahoe and selling my house in California, the next minute I'm playing ultimate frisbee for the first time and watching our 2 female interns make out at the bar.

-I hate it when I get to work and can't remember if I put on deodorant. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

-Saw Skeleton Key last night at The Movie Tavern. Every movie is better with beer and chicken tenders. That Voodoo/Hoodoo crap kind of freaks me out having walked through those shops in New Orleans at 3 AM. Although no one believes me, I kind of saw the ending coming. Good movie. Kate Hudson is hott. Go see it.

10 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

I cannot believe you have never played ultimate frisbee before!

What did you do in college? Study?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha [catching my breath]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
whew!

Ullll-tiiiii-maaaaate

10:21 AM  
Blogger superjay said...

no, I had sex in college.

I always thought ultimate players consisted of dope smokers. There's no way I could keep up if I smoked. Fuck-load of running! I'm in a league - every Wednesday night - get my ass kicked for 2 hours, but it's fun.

10:32 AM  
Blogger timothy said...

That's how I broke my collar bone, playing ultimate at dusk, running into a hole in the field, falling down onto my shoulder

...love that game!

10:50 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

favorite lyric: "my friends, my habits, my family, they mean so much to me." (modest mouse) it pretty much sums up everybody...it's either your friends, family, or habits (or a combination of them) that make you who you are.

as far as pink goes...it's not ugly. but purple is a different story.

and finally, kate hudson is "hott" with 2 t's...does that make her extra hot? or are you starting a new spelling fad? (or maybe i'm out of the loop...)

10:53 AM  
Blogger superjay said...

good catch on the double t (intentional). yes, exxtra hott and spicy. damn I'm hungry.

11:00 AM  
Blogger timothy said...

ahhh, wakeboarding

remember the hard time we had trying to figure out how the hell to get up on that...

...good times

11:07 AM  
Blogger superjay said...

yeah this was the first time I'd done it since HS. Popped right up. I think the problem we had in HS is that we were trying it while sober.

we did some pretty stupid shit in HS. Were you there when we would take off the lifejacket, have the boat pull us and see how far down we could submarine? Lucky we didn't hit a stump.

11:16 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

you guys ever thought of using this nifty thing called "the telephone" to catch up on high school memories :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger timothy said...

I work better in this medium, thank you very much!

And no, I don't think I was ever there for the "submarining", though I did do that when I was little and would slide off the kneeboard

1:55 PM  
Blogger Dustin Luther said...

I've been missing my exit a lot lately... Damn music!!! Not only that, but the new iPod has caused my productivity to drop... And how the hell did I do nothing all day at work and still miss out on this great thread...

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home