Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stupid Grass

I'm so sick of mowing the grass. Burmuda grass is the worst! It's thick and it thrives in the heat, unlike fescue (in CA) grass that stops growing when it gets above 80 degrees. It saying to me, "I know it's too hot to mow, so I'm going to take advantage of you and grow as high and fast as I can!" Stupid grass. Can't wait for the first freeze. That'll learn you, grass!

I learned today that the Iraq War is costing $4 billion a month. That's $4,000,000,000 per month! Where are we getting the money for this? Is tax revenue really that much?

Why do copy machines still have to warm up? I can understand 20 years ago, but with today's technology, seems like I shouldn't have to wait 10 minutes in the morning to make the first copy. Everything else is faster - internet, computers, cars - why can't they figure out how to not make me wiat for the copier to warm up?

I say we put the Verizon Wireless guy and the Sprint PCS guy in a cage fighting match as seen on INHD. Fight to the death or until one of them taps out by saying "Nextel. Done."

I hate it when I think of a good comeback later in the day. The wife asked me the other day if I wanted to take ballroom dancing classes. My post-moment reply would've been, "Is there a more negative word than 'No'?" But I'm not that big of an asshole, so I compromised with swingdancing.

Why is it that with Polo-type collared shirts, there's always one side of the collar that flips out, and the other side turns in?

The other day, the batteries ran out in the dvd remote. I got two new batteries, took out the two olds ones then stared at the pile of 4 batteries (all the same brand) on the table for what felt like 5 minutes. I must've been lucky that day because the remote now works with the 2 I picked. Lucky, or all the brain power from deciding which batteries to use was sucked out of my brain and into the selected batteries. Either way, the remote works.

I think I'm going to name my kid so his initals are G.O.D. That would be so cool. Gilbert Oscar. Gregg Octavius. Gabrielle Ocean. Garrett Omar. Possibilities are endless. I'll have to get more creative with my naming though. I see Britney had her baby - Preston Michael Spears Federline. PMS Federline. Good one Brit! Kid wil NEVER get picked on!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dustin Luther said...

Because I don't have anything witty to say about your post, I thought I would let you know that it is possible to align the monster on your page (that makes your posts so damn hard to read) so that your photo is aligned with its empty face:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyrsdomain/43589002/

2:40 PM  
Blogger superjay said...

hmm you're right. that's not witty at all.

2:45 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

the collared shirt thing is like the hair thing...everyone has one side the flips in and one side that flips out. perhaps i know this b/c i am a girl and i have long hair, but if you ever decide to experiment...grow your hair out, you'll discover it's true.

3:05 PM  
Blogger superjay said...

maybe that's what keeps the planets aligned and universe in check. Can't have everything flipped out - pure chaos!

3:21 PM  
Blogger timothy said...

Well, G.O.D. and my son A.S.S. can hang out and make fun of each other's name!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home