Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Sweet Taste of Middle Management

I've encountered a new experience having moved back to Texas. It's something I haven't felt since my college days of hazing balls. Something that is bitter-sweet, sweet and sour, but mostly sweet if you will (I hate that phrase - I say it to annoy myself). It's working a lot more for a little more pay, with a slight hint of not being at the bottom of the food chain. That my friends is the sweet taste of middle management.

It's working late nights for free to get staffing plans and project cast-aheads done.

It's the extra work of making sure others are busy while still getting all my work done.

It's realizing that these guys in upper management aren't that great and I could don't have to kiss their asses anymore.

But at the end of the day (another phrase I hate) it's getting to boss around the younger kids and deny their vacation and weekends as I head off to mine.

Oh yeah it's sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

What's up "Gareth" (or Dwight in the American version).

Weren't you the one that said "I" was the one who liked bossing people around?

11:34 AM  
Blogger superjay said...

I rule.

I don't think I said that.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home