Monday, May 01, 2006

nacogdoches

went to Nacogdoches this past weekend for a Ultimate tournament. We had so much fun. It's called One Night Stand. There's about 15 teams, and we stayed up until dawn on Friday night partying, slept all day Saturday, then played at least 5 games Saturday night until dawn. We played 6 games, and won the consolation championship with our 10 person Ft Worth team (yes, I know, 1st place loser). I was humbled by others' skills as I watched teams from such places as Austin and Shreveport make crazy throws I've never seen before.

I was glad to see the Dallas Ringers team get beat. It's supposed to be a fun, get drunk and have fun tournament, and they brought this serious, all-star team of like 25 people. And it's not because I'm bitter about losing to them 15-3, or that I didn't get invited to play with them. We were playing beer-in-hand points in protest of their bad Ultimate spirit. They thought they were tough shit until they lost twice to the same team. Too many chefs in the kitchen - couldn't gel at all, and the other team's girls were way faster, even while drunk.

why do I always look like the giant ogre in every picture? I'm going to have to start standing in the back of pictures again. I guess my elementary school teachers put me in the back row for a reason. The guy 3rd from the right is the same height as me. and open your eyes, freak. sheesh.

I also learned this weekend that a disc can hold a full pitcher. I know, doesn't seem physically possible, but normal eulcidian space does not apply when the alcohol comes into contact with disc plastic.

1 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

i must drink my next beer out of a disc.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home