Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Post #41

Woo Hoo! It's the 41st post extravaganza! I like prime numbers. they're the red headed step children of numbers.

I'm thinking about making a major life change. I would like to live my life with a British accent. I can do it almost flawlessly. I'm doing it right now in your head, am I not? I wonder how long it would take for me to get beat up. It would add an extra element when drunk.

Is it weird that I have a reserve group of boxers? There's 3 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger flannel boxers from 1994 with holes in the crotch large enough that it might be considered a miniskirt, no elastic left in the band. They sit in the back of my drawer wadded up, just waiting for sweet freedom.

I am not my father's son. This weekend the lawnmower wouldn't start for anything. What do I do? Go buy a brand new one. (With self propelled goodness!)

I hate it when I go to a restaurant for the first time and the waiter asks if I’ve eaten there before. Because I know that if I answer yes, I’ll then be subjected to a ten-minute instructional lecture on the intricate aspects of ordering tapas. Listen, if your menu is so complicated that living on earth for 27 years doesn’t give me enough knowledge to properly order from it, I’m probably not going to like any of this weird-ass food anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dustin Luther said...

You still mow your lawn?

If I were you, I'd use the excuse that the lawn mower is broken to rid myself of any mowing duties for months (years!). :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger timothy said...

Mowing the lawn is the best part! Looking back on a clean cut lawn, enjoying the splendor of finely manicured grass...

...don't even get me started on edging!

10:27 AM  
Blogger superjay said...

yeah Dustin, I'm with you. but in Texas we have these organized nazi groups called homeowners associations where we pay them $50 a year to (not) keep the front entrance manicured and enforce lawn mowing and tree trimming, and to go bitch on our behalf at city council meetings when the new wal mart wants to move in across the street. A month or so ago when the mower broke, and it was too fuck ing hot to do anything outside, I decided to give the lawn "back to nature" (side yard got to about 3' high). The HOA begged to differ an I got a letter on my door "encouraging" me to mow it because there's been complaints. I call bullshit on the complaints but whatever.

It is a little satisfying after I mow, but after doing every freaking saturday, there's a bit of dimishing utility.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Dustin Luther said...

So it only took you a few months to get the neighborhoods pissed off at you?

Sounds like trouble...

2:15 PM  
Blogger superjay said...

yep, and ironically it wasn't because of the couch in the front yard.

2:19 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

i don't know anything about mowing the lawn, but i can tell you that the "boxer reserve" is normal. i bet you every guy has that one or two pairs saved for laundry day. every guy i've ever been close enough to see his underwear drawer has one. girls have them too...not boxer reserves, but the granny panty reserves...the ones we wear when we know we're not getting any that day or when we've been dating a guy long enough that we don't care.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home